Biore Rose Quartz & Charcoal Facial Scrub Review!

Friday, April 17, 2020

Not so long ago, I tried out a Garnier anti-blackhead mask and, it cleared my skin well. I decided that I should try out a range of different charcoal masks to see which one does the best job for my skin. Today, I am trying out a scrub from Biore!


Biore Rose Quartz & Charcoal scrub claims to exfoliate and purify pores. It has no animal-derived ingredients and radiates self-love due to the rose quartz in the product. The 110ml scrub was £5.99 from Amazon which is more expensive than the other scrub I tried from Garnier.

When I received the product, I was excited to see the packaging as it was adorable. It is rose gold coloured and appealing to look at. The product smells of rose, so this may not appeal to some. The product is sparkly pink and pretty, which was fun and different from other charcoal products I have used.


I found that with this scrub, a little goes a long way. I didn't need much to cover my whole face, and I found the more you rub into your face, the foamier it goes. Once applied, there was instantly a cooling sensation. It was the same feeling as mint feels. Inside the scrub are small granules which exfoliated my skin well. I would have liked to feel more of a scrubbing sensation.

After using this, my face didn't feel irritated, nor did it burn, but I did come out bright red and blotchy. It took a while for this to go down so I wouldn't recommend this right before you're about to go out! My skin didn't feel dry after using the product. Instead, it felt clean and smooth. As for my pores, I would need to use the product more to come up with a significant result. After the first use, my skin felt nicer, and my pores were less visible. I won't be using this scrub 2-3 times a week as recommended because although it exfoliated well, I don't want my skin to be blotchy afterwards.

Even before I washed it off, you can see my skin is a bit red
For my skin, this was not the best scrub. I prefer the Garnier one, and while in use, it feels like it is doing a better job for my skin. It is also cheaper for more product. I liked this Rose Quartz and Charcoal scrub; it is pretty and does a good job. I think that it does too good a job hence why my skin went blotchy - my skin can't handle it! I would recommend you try it, but it isn't a product that should be used more than once a week!


Has your skin been breaking out lately? Let me know what you have found works wonders on your skin as I would love to find the perfect product for mine! 


Useful Links: 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Wow! Great idea, I might try this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so amazing and the fact it has rose quartz in! Oh wow!

    Al x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome and much needed. My face has taken a beaten during quarantine. I def need more moisturizer to say the least

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! I need to buy some face scrub of some kind - probably not this one if it might disagree with my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I love the packaging???? I wish our local drugstore sells this but apparently I don't see it in the shelves 😥 badly want to try it out!

    Ann | www.annchoi.me

    ReplyDelete
  6. No word of a lie, I live for this product and you're right, a little does go a long way.
    I use this scrub once a week and its worked well for my skin because like you said - it does too good a job.
    I haven't seen anyone talking about it - such great post.
    <3
    ooomaye.com

    ReplyDelete